Hyundai For Sale
Overview of Hyundai
From Humble Beginnings to Greatness
Chung Ju-Yung, the son of a peasant, founded Hyundai in Korea in 1947 as Hyndai Engineering and Construction Co., which became pivotal in the rebuilding of South Korea after the Korean War. Hyundai Motor Company was later established in 1967. Hyundai teamed up with Ford Motor Company in 1968 to produce their first car, The Cortina. Their first solo-produced car followed in 1974.
Today Hyundai exports vehicles to 190 countries worldwide and is the fourth largest vehicle manufacturer in the world.
Timeline of Hyundai Milestones
• 1974: Hyundai rolls out its first Korean vehicle: The Pony
• 1984: Hyundai reaches the 500,000 mark in vehicle production
• 1985: The Excel replaces The Pony and trots into the American market
• 1986: A mere two years later, they hit the 1 million mark in production
• 1987: The truck line is launched and helps conquer the American market
• 1988: The Sonata, specifically designed for the North American market, is released
• 1989: Vehicle production triples to 3 million
• 2001: Hyundai hits 346,235 vehicles sold in the U.S.—a 42% increase year over year
• 2002: Hyundai opens an operating plant in Alabama, signaling they’re here to stay
Why Buy Hyundai?
Hyundai is pushing to continually raise the quality, affordability, and safety of their vehicles, adopting the phrase “Make everything better.” As proof of that promise, their increased safety features have garnered them “Top Safety Pick” awards, and their inclusion of a 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty gives drivers extra insurance that their purchase will stand the test of time.
Hyundai For Sale
New and Used Hyundai for sale